Add this amazing flavor blend that combines the sweetness of the salmon, richness of black beans, and the zestiness of the topping to your Healthiest Way of Eating. At the same time you will enjoy 123% of the Daily Value (DV) for vitamin D, 108% DV for omega-3 fatty acids and 90% DV for selenium.
|Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Season salmon with a little salt and pepper. Set aside while you chop and saute vegetables.
- Mince onions and press garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to enhance their hidden health benefits.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet. When broth begins to steam add onion, bell pepper and garlic and Healthy Sauté (see in asparagus recipes) on medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add 1/2 cup broth, drained beans, and red chili powder. Cook for another 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While beans are cooking, preheat broiler. Place a stainless steel or cast iron skillet large enough for salmon under the heat to get hot. This takes about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together cilantro, mint, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, salt and pepper.
- Place salmon in the hot pan and return to broiler about 5 inches from the heat source for best results. Broil salmon for about 7 minutes for medium doneness. This is our Quick Broil (see below) cooking method. Serve salmon, beans, lettuce and avocado together on a plate. Top salmon and lettuce with cilantro topping.